Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Cookies

 

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has had a great holiday so far! I'm sorry I haven't gotten to posting anything new for the past couple of weeks. I've been overwhelmingly busy with a new project. I'm looking forward to sharing with everyone- keep an eye out for Sunday's post!


Christmas is one of my favorite holidays of the year. It's a great time of celebration, family, and remembrance. We got to enjoy Christmas Eve dinner at my dad's house with our annual Christmas hot pot. After dinner, we got to enjoy eggnog, cookies, and drinks. My little (4 and 5 year old) siblings set aside some cookies for Santa- although I feel like they probably wanted to eat them for themselves.


I don't blame my siblings for reaching for and grabbing extra cookies for themselves. These cookies are delicious! They're not too sweet, crispy on the edges, and soft and chewy in the center. The flake salt on top is the perfect touch. It brings out the sweetness of the chocolate, all while contrasting with a lovely salty flavor. I love toll house cookies, but I'd probably have to choose these delicious treats over them. The gooey chocolate and little bit of saltiness just can't be beat!


Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes 18 cookies)
1 stick Butter, Softened
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 oz Dark Chocolate
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 3/4 cup Flour
Flake Sea Salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter, sugar, honey, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla extract and incorporate well.
4. Chop up dark chocolate into bite-size chunks. Add into the batter.
5. Add the salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix until combined into a dough. Do not overmix the dough to keep a soft texture.
6. Scoop the dough onto a sheet pan, about 2 inches apart. You should scoop about 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie.
7. Sprinkle some flake sea salt over the top of each cookie.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly, then serve.

Who doesn't want to eat chocolate chip cookies on Christmas Day? (I'm sure Santa loves them). The best part about these cookies, is that the chocolate doesn't harden for a while. Chocolate chips are made to keep their shape, but the chunks in this cookie stay untempered. Using real chocolate will give you a yummy, gooey cookie that pairs perfectly with a cold glass of milk!


What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions? I love getting to spend time with family, sharing food and creating memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment